We all play a part in supporting safe travel and want our guests to be able to Stay With Confidence. That’s why, effective Monday, July 27, face coverings will be required in all public spaces at our hotel, and all IHG-hotels in the Americas. This is in line with The American Hotel & Lodging Association’s ‘Stay Safe Guest Checklist’ and our broader cleaning enhancements to ensure a clean and healthy hotel stay.
As the world adjusts to new travel norms and expectations, we have been working to enhance the experience for hotel guests by redefining cleanliness and supporting wellbeing throughout your future stay. This began March 21st, 2020 when the Holiday Inn Chicago-Mart Plaza River North closed its doors and temporarily discontinued business to protect the health and safety of our guests, artists (employees), and our community. By temporarily discontinuing business, we knew this decision would not only protect our guests and artists but would allow us the opportunity for a fresh start when we re-opened on July 1st, 2020.
We are further expanding our commitment to cleanliness by using new science-led protocols and service measures, partnering with industry leading experts Cleveland Clinic, Ecolab, and Diversey, and are part of the global IHG Clean Promise program which rolled out June 1st, 2020. These strengthened procedures are designed to give our guests greater confidence and the protection our artists and guests need.
Since 2015, the Holiday Inn Chicago-Mart Plaza River North has had a long-standing commitment to rigorous cleaning procedures with the IHG Way of Clean program, developed in partnership with Ecolab and Diversey, both world leaders in hygiene and cleaning technologies and services. This program is now being expanded with additional COVID-19 protocols and best practices to reflect the advice of the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, and local public health authorities in markets around the world, in addition to adhering to guidelines set forth by AHLA’s SafeStay initiative. IHG IHG Way of Clean already includes deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants, and going forward, guests can expect to see evolved procedures in every area of the hotel, which will include:
- Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing (standing at least 6 feet apart from guests not traveling in their party) while waiting in line or moving throughout the hotel
- Areas where guests or artists queue have been clearly marked for appropriate distancing
- Meeting and banquet spaces will be set up to allow for appropriate distance between guests
- Public space furniture has been rearranged to accommodate 6 feet of space between groups
RECEPTION & FRONT DESK
- Reduced contact at check-in include touch less transactions and the installation of Plexiglas front desk screens
- Paperless check-out
- Bell carts are sanitized after each use
- Face coverings will be required in all public spaces
- Frequency of sanitation and cleaning of all public & artist spaces has been increased to at least once every 60 minutes, with a focus on high traffic areas & frequent contact surfaces including elevator panels
- Hand sanitizing stations have been set by all elevators and throughout the hotel
- The business center is available by appointment only and key card access must be obtained at the Front Desk
- The indoor swimming pool capacity has been reduced to 10 people at a time
- The fitness center and sauna capacity has been reduced to 2 people at a time
- Lobby seating and layout has been reconfigured and measured to ensure appropriate distancing
- Increased frequency of air filter replacements and HVAC system cleaning to maximize fresh air exchange
- No housekeeping or servicing of guest rooms until 24 – 72 hours have elapsed between guest check out and housekeeping serving
- Housekeeping will not enter guest rooms during a stay, unless by special request or circumstance
- The use of EPA- and CDC- approved cleaning and sanitizing protocols for the cleaning of guest rooms and include increased focus on high contact items such as door handles, television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks, and flooring
- Reduction of in-room high-touch items such as magazines, bibles, pens, paper pads
- All bed linens and laundry are washed at a high temperature in accordance to CDC guidelines and dirty laundry is bagged and contained in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while transported
- Guest room air filters are being upgraded to medical grade air filters and air filter replacement & HVAC system cleaning have been increased to twice monthly to maximize fresh air exchange
- In the event of a presumed case of COVID-19, the guest’s room will be removed from service & quarantined until a diagnosis can be confirmed. If a case is confirmed, the room will only be returned to service after enhanced sanitation protocol by a licensed third-party expert
- Hotel is reviewing UV lighting technologies for superior killing of viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Food is available for order and pick up only in Merchants Market
- Cityscape Bar has been rearranged to accommodate 6 feet of space between tables
- Cityscape Bar will utilize digital menus accessible by QR code
- Merchants Cafe breakfast buffet will remain closed
- Outside food delivery restricted to lobby hand-off
MEETINGS & EVENTS
ARTIST TRAINING & HEALTH PRACTICES
- Our team has been trained to quickly and safely respond to guests or other artists displaying known symptoms of COVID-19
- All artists will be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for their roles & responsibility, in adherence with CDC & local guidelines
- All artists have been trained in the proper use and disposal of PPE
- All artists are required to wash hands or utilize provided hand sanitizer at least once every 60 minutes
- Department meetings & arrival times are staggered to ensure proper social distancing can be maintained
Over the upcoming months, the Holiday Inn Chicago-Mart Plaza River North will appoint Clean Champions to continue building the culture of clean instilled on our property and in IHG hotels around the world. These champions will focus on our guests and colleagues as they navigate the new environment and help our team to consistently deliver these elevated cleanliness standards.
We know our heartfelt care needs to look a bit different now, but your safety and well-being will always be our top priority. We appreciate the loyalty and trust you place in us a travel partner and when you’re ready to travel again, we’ll be ready to welcome you.
Dale McFarland, General Manager & the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza River North Staff
This property is proudly managed by Hostmark Hospitality Group. We’re committed to following guidelines issued by the CDC and any state or local government in which we operate.
If you would like to contact the hotel during this time, please email email@example.com.